Sustainable development is fundamental to HKRI’s vision, mission and core values. Upholding our PRI2DE spirit, our goal is to build sustainable, liveable and socially responsible communities that people are proud to be an integral part of. We are committed to creating stylish and distinctive living experiences through valuing the individual and cherishing the environment, while securing long-term return and creating value for investors.
The following approaches and principles are in line with our sustainable development objectives as well as our corporate governance framework:
Care for the Community
- We aim to build sustainable communities by offering care and support to the local communities where we operate.
- We strive to promote good citizenship to employees and customers through volunteering and various community activities, encouraging all to contribute to society.
- We contribute to artistic and cultural development, encourage young talent, and provide valuable support to charitable activities and groups.
Cherish Our Environment
- We aim to be as energy efficient as possible – a goal supported by our procurement policies and procedures. We carefully consider other environmental impacts.
- We are committed to improving our environmental performance, especially by reducing emissions and streamlining waste management, to minimise our impact on the environment.
- We actively promote the use of environmentally friendly materials and integrate energy-efficient resources and technology into the design, construction, operation and maintenance of our properties.
- We encourage our staff, customers and suppliers to be proactive and demonstrate leadership in sustainable development matters to positively impact procedures at work and inspire resourceful and responsible actions within the community.
Value Our People
- We evaluate our health and safety policy at least once every three years, and pro-actively monitor it on an on-going basis.
- We are committed to maintaining a safe, comfortable and rewarding working environment in which employees are treated fairly, equally and with respect, enabling everyone to realise their full potential regardless of gender, disability, family status, race, age or sexual orientation.
- We are committed to providing training opportunities to foster employees’ professional growth.
- We encourage open communication and fully engage with employees through a variety of transparent channels to allow them to express their concerns without negative repercussions.
- We fully support employee wellness, work-life balance and family-friendly practices.
- We uphold high ethical and corporate governance standards.
- We work tirelessly to promote sustainable development in our properties and in the industry with minimal impact to the community and environment.
- Full compliance with statutory requirements is a minimum standard that we meet or exceed and we integrate industry best practices into all operations and services.
- We engage with our suppliers to follow our example and share our vision for sustainability.
- We are committed to operating in a professional and responsible manner with consistent improvement in quality standards.
- We are committed to protecting the privacy of all customer data.