The sparkling “Starlight Oceanfront Promenade” with fairy lights embellishment will light up D’Deck this Christmas! Another Christmas decoration highlight is the giant Piñata spreading the joy and blessings of Christmas to everyone. Adding more holiday sweetness, bring your loved ones for a delectable Christmas feast at one of the D’Deck oceanfront restaurants with superb 180° panoramic sea view, glittering Disneyland fireworks, enchanting southern European ambience and spectacular Piñata décor. You can also capture fun and festive moments by visiting the adorable army of Santa Claus at DB North Plaza and enjoy the fascinating scenery of north Discovery Bay via the Christmas horse-drawn carriage ride. Adventurous visitors can also challenge and complete their Christmas exploration at Discoveryland, Hong Kong’s largest indoor playground. Be it ever so fun and romantic, there’s no place like Discovery Bay for this year’s Christmas celebrations!
D’Deck Starlight Oceanfront Promenade - A Fairytale Comes True (10 Nov 2014 - 1 Jan 2015)
D’Deck oceanfront promenade at Discovery Bay has always been the perfect romantic spot for couples to stroll along to the beautiful Tai Pak Beach. This Christmas, it will be adorned with sparkling fairy lights of 16 different sets of starlight patterns in purple and silvery color, glittering like stars in the galaxy. A festive dinner at D’Deck will surely bring you and your loved one an unforgettable Christmas fairytale experience!
Giant Piñata to Spread The Joy and Blessings of Christmas (24 Dec – 26 Dec)
Traditional Piñata is a pottery container, filled with candies and small toys for party celebration, which guests can break or shake to open and release the goodies and blessings inside. It has become very popular in Europe in recent years, especially for celebrations. For a blessing-filled festive season, Discovery Bay has specially prepared a giant Piñata filled with charming little gifts, to spread the joy and blessings of Christmas to you. Simply make a visit to D’Deck on 24-26 Dec1 and like "VisitDiscoveryBay" Facebook Fan Page for an opportunity to shake the giant Piñata once and receive a random falling Christmas gift. Come and embrace the joy of surprise and blessings with your loved ones this Christmas!
Find the Perfect Local Handmade Gift at Discovery Bay Christmas Sunday Market (14 Dec from 11am to 6pm)
Do not miss the annual “Christmas Sunday Market” at Discovery Bay on 14 Dec if you want to find the one and only creative gift for your loved ones this Christmas! Like a classic European marketplace, it is a fun-filled Christmas bazaar with over 160 local indie-crafters, artists and designers showcasing their unique and stylish gifts, arts and crafts. The wide selection of gifts includes fine jewellery, eco-friendly clothing, baby products and exquisite décor. It is simply a wonderful shopping experience you can’t miss!
Multinational Christmas Delicacies at the Oceanfront - A Feast for the Eyes and Palate
Indulge yourself with delicious Christmas meals from around the world at one of the thematic international-cuisine restaurants at D’Deck Discovery Bay. Not only you can enjoy the feast with 180° panoramic sea view, but also glittering Disneyland fireworks, spectacular festive décor and southern European ambience - a beautiful and tasteful way to celebrate with friends and loved ones!
Complimentary Ferry Ride Offered by D’Deck for An Impeccable Christmas Journey
Remember to complete your Christmas journey with our Dine ‘N Ride offer at Discovery Bay! Simply spend HK$120 or more at any of the 14 designated D'Deck restaurants2 and present your transaction receipt to the “D’Deck Free Ferry Service Counter” to redeem this offer3!
Featuring A Joyful Santa Kingdom at DB North Plaza (10 Nov 2014 – 1 Jan 2015)
Apart from D’Deck, DB North Plaza is also a must-go attraction in Discovery Bay. A group of lovely figures creating the Santa Kingdom is waiting for you at DB North Plaza. Strike a funny pose and upload the photo to Facebook, then like and tag the photo to “VisitDiscoveryBay” Facebook Fan Page with @VisitDiscoveryBay #DBChristmas, you can automatically enter the cutest photo contest to redeem a lovely gift4 (140 quotas).
Enjoy a Relaxing Holiday Season with “Christmas Horse-Drawn Carriage Ride”5 at DB North Plaza
Craving more intimate moments with your family and loved ones? A classic and relaxing carriage ride around north Discovery Bay will be your good choice. Drawn by two thoroughbreds, the carriage ride, good for 4 persons per trip, offers fascinating scenery en route, including panoramic sea views and European-style architectures. Come enjoy this one of a kind activity available only in Discovery Bay!
Free Express Shuttle and Bus Interchange Discount Offer by DB North Plaza
DB North Plaza presents Free Express Shuttle6 from DB Bus Terminus to DB North Plaza and Bus Interchange Discount7 when leaving DB North Plaza. This special offer creates more flexibility, convenience and value for your travel options, especially back to Tung Chung or Sunny Bay.
For more information about “Starry Christmas” at D’Deck, Discovery Bay, Santa Kingdom at DB North Plaza, Christmas Horse-Drawn Carriage Ride and Dine ‘N Ride complimentary ferry offer by D’Deck, please visit www.visitdiscoverybay.com or email an enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About D’Deck, the renowned oceanfront alfresco dining destination at Discovery Bay, Hong Kong
Situated next to Discovery Bay Pier, D’Deck is Hong Kong’s renowned oceanfront al fresco dining destination with numerous thematic restaurants along the promenade beside Tai Pak Beach. With spectacular 180° sea views and nightly Disneyland fireworks, D’Deck offers a wide selection of international cuisine at First Korean Restaurant (Korean), Kiraku Tei Japanese Restaurant (Japanese) and Koh Tomyums (Thai) for Asian cuisine; Solera (Spanish), Café Duvet (Tapas), Berliner (German), Sopranos (Italian) and McSorley’s Ale House (Irish Pub & Indian) for European tastes; and Caramba Mexican Cantina (Mexican) and Hemingway’s by the Bay (Caribbean) for a flavor of Central America.
Other specialty restaurants include Life Café serving globally inspired organic vegetarian and gluten free food; 22° North boasting a large selection of classic French recipes; Dymocks Books & Café merging the culture of bookstore and Café; and last but not least ZAKS, which serves international cuisine with alfresco seating area of 5,000 sq. ft. in resort style.
D’Deck is easily accessible, just 25 minutes away from Central by ferry or 15-20 minutes away from Tung Chung or Sunny Bay MTR Stations by bus.
About DB North Plaza
DB North Plaza, spread over 186,000 sq. ft. at the Yi Pak Bay area, was opened in 2010. This new retail mall serves as the second social hub for Discovery Bay residents and visitors.
Offering two shopping arcades, two office buildings and an open piazza, DB North Plaza is adjacent to Auberge Discovery Bay Hong Kong, the deluxe resort hotel opened in Spring 2013. This seaside mall not only serves Discovery Bay residents, hotel guests and visitors from neighbouring districts with great selection of shopping and dining establishments, but also convenient and free transportation connections, such as the regular Shoppers Buses plying between DB North Plaza and DB Plaza at the DB Pier. Urban and Lantau taxis can now reach Yi Pak (DB North) area directly through Discovery Bay Tunnel to pick up and drop off at designated zone.
1. For those make a visit to D’Deck on 24-26 Dec and like "VisitDiscoveryBay" Facebook Fan Page during 24 Dec to 26 Dec, from 2pm to 6pm and 7pm to 11pm for an opportunity to shake the giant Piñata once and receive a random, falling Christmas gift. One gift per person while supply lasts. All gifts are in random supply and cannot be exchanged for cash or other products.
2. The 14 designated D’Deck restaurants are 22° North, Berliner, Café Duvet, Caramba Mexican Cantina, Ebeneezer's, First Korean Restaurant, Hemingway’s by the Bay, Kiraku Tei Japanese Restaurant, Koh Tomyums, Life Café, McSorley’s Ale House, Sopranos, Solera and ZAKS. “D’Deck Free Ferry Service Counter” is located beside the bus stop escalator at DB Plaza
3. The complimentary ferry ride offer is valid for dinner consumption (6pm -11:45pm) from Monday to Friday, and lunch/dinner consumption (12 noon – 11:45pm) on Sat/Sun/public holiday. This free ferry ride is valid on the same day of the transaction, and for the following schedules only: Mon-Fri: 7:30pm-12:00am and Sat /Sun /public holiday: 1:00pm-12:00am.
4. For those who like "VisitDiscoveryBay" Facebook Fan Page and tag the photo to “VisitDiscoveryBay” Facebook Fan Page with @VisitDiscoveryBay #DB Christmas during 24 Dec from 2pm to 7pm and confirmed by the onsite staff can redeem a Christmas gift. There are 140 quotas and one gift per person while supply lasts. All redeemed gift cannot be exchanged for cash or other products.
5. Tickets for the Christmas Horse-Drawn Carriage Ride can be purchased at the Activity Centre of Auberge Discovery Bay Hong Kong. Each ride will last about 10 minutes and a maximum of 4 people are allowed on one carriage per ride. For ticket details, please visit: http://www.dbnplaza.hk/icms2/template?series=360&article=7573
6. Free Express Shuttle Bus departs at every half hour in 00 minutes and 30 minutes from DB Bus Terminus to DB North Plaza for a journey around 8 minutes.
7. Visitors can enjoy bus interchange discount at DB North Plaza by tapping your octopus card against the “Fare Save Station” next to Welcome Supermarket. By using the same Octopus Card to travel on any bus leaving the DB North Plaza within 45 minutes, you will enjoy a $4 discount on the bus trip.