11-Metre High Giant Inflatable Slide Arrives in August
Offering Free Slide Craze for Everyone!
Craving beach fun in the hot summer days? 11-metre high giant inflatable slide is coming to Tai Pak Beach in Discovery Bay (“DB”), offering the public free amusement throughout August. No advance registration is required so come any time and slide as many times as you wish! The renowned oceanfront alfresco dining hot spot D’Deck is just next to Tai Pak Beach; beach goers can select from a variety of delectable international cuisines. So dive in and chill out in DB this summer.
1. Summer Must-go: All-you-can-slide at 11-metre High Giant Inflatable Slide on the Beach – It’s FREE! “Discovery Bay Sliding Fun on the Beach” will definitely offer thrill seekers an incredible sliding experience! Measuring 11 metres high and 56 metres long, the giant slide is the first of its kind in DB! Just proceed to the registration counter at Tai Pak Beach and like “Visit Discovery Bay” Facebook fan page, you1 can enjoy unlimited slides for the entire seven hours of the day. What’s more, it’s free! In addition to the sliding fun, visitors can also enjoy a sunbath on the beach side or soak in the sea to beat the heat. A summer getaway can be right in town without flying abroad!
Details of “Discovery Bay Sliding Fun on the Beach”
Date: 1 August 2015 (Saturday) - 30 August 2015 (Sunday)
Time: 11:00am – 6:00pm
Venue: Tai Pak Beach, Discovery Bay
Entry Fee: Free entry. No minimum spending required.
Facilities: Beach showers available. Plus, sun umbrellas and sunbath chairs are free for use.
2. Exclusive Redemption of Award-winning “Marvellous ZIP ZIP Bag”. Act Fast!
To embrace the summer sun, “Marvellous ZIP ZIP bag” (website: http://www.zipzipbag.com/awards.html), an award-winning product by local Hong Kong designer, is thoughtfully chosen as giveaways for DB fans. The smart and chic “Marvellous ZIP ZIP bag” is made by thermal insulation materials. It can be folded into bags of different sizes and used as beach mat or sunshade, making it a must-have summer goodie for family outing at the beach or in the greens. On Saturdays and Sundays from 18 July till 30 August2, customers spending over HK$3003 at one of the 14 designated D’Deck restaurants4 or designated merchants5 at DB North Plaza can redeem a ZIP ZIP bag for free. Redemption is on a first-come-first-served basis while stock lasts.
3. Check out More Funtastic Events on Tai Pak Beach this Summer!
On top of “Discovery Bay Sliding Fun on the Beach” featuring the 11-metre inflatable slide in Hong Kong, do check out our new series of events in DB this summer for endless fun!
For wine and liquor connoisseurs, don’t forget to mark your diary for the “Wild on Wine! Party @ DB” held on 14-16 August. Over 80 wine and delicacies stalls will be showcased at Tai Pak Beach. It provides a comfortable outdoor ambience for visitors to taste a great variety of food and wine offerings while they can also shop exquisite bottles from around the world and handpick selection of gorgeous goodies. Besides, Hong Kong Ultimate Beach Hat Tournament will return to Tai Pak Beach on 29 August - another action-packed day! Spectators new to the sport can also join in and try out Ultimate Frisbee for free at the public practice area. Don’t miss it!
Summer Events on Discovery Bay’s Tai Pak Beach
1) 19 July: Beach Party FEVER 2015
2) 25 July: CosmoBody Summer Splash Party
3) 1-30 August: Discovery Bay Sliding Fun on the Beach
4) 14-16 August: Wild on Wine! Party @ DB
5) 29 August: Hong Kong Ultimate Beach Hat Tournament
About D’Deck, the Renowned Oceanfront Alfresco Dining Destination at DB
Situated next to DB Pier, D’Deck is Hong Kong’s renowned oceanfront alfresco dining destination with numerous thematic restaurants along the promenade beside Tai Pak Beach.
With spectacular 180° sea views and nightly Disneyland fireworks, D’Deck offers a wide selection of international cuisine at First Korean Restaurant (Korean), Kiraku Tei (Japanese) and Koh Tomyums (Thai) for Asian cuisine; Solera (Spanish), Café Duvet (Bar), Berliner (German), Figos (Casual Western) and McSorley’s Ale House (Irish Pub & Indian) for European tastes; and Caramba Mexican Cantina (Mexican) and Hemingway’s by the Bay (Caribbean) for a flavour of Central America.
Other specialty restaurants include Life Café serving globally inspired organic vegetarian and gluten free food; 22° North boasting a large selection of classic French recipes; Dymocks Books & Café merging the culture of bookstore and Café; and last but not least ZAKS, which serves international cuisine with alfresco seating area of 5,000 sq. ft. in resort style.
D’Deck is easily accessible, just 25 minutes away from Central by ferry or 15-20 minutes away from Tung Chung or Sunny Bay MTR Stations by bus.
Simply present an original receipt of HK$120 or above from any of the 14 designated D’Deck restaurants4 at the D’Deck Free Ferry Service Counter, and you can enjoy a free ferry ride6 back to Central on the same day.
About DB North Plaza
DB North Plaza spreads over 186,000 sq. ft. at the Yi Pak Bay area. It serves as the second social hub for Discovery Bay residents and visitors. Offering two shopping arcades, two office buildings and an open piazza, DB North Plaza is adjacent to Auberge Discovery Bay Hong Kong, the deluxe resort hotel opened in Spring 2013. This seaside mall not only serves Discovery Bay residents, hotel guests and visitors from neighbouring districts with great selection of shopping and dining establishments, but also convenient and free transportation connections for shoppers, such as the Free Express Shuttle Buses7 plying between DB North Plaza and DB Plaza at the DB Pier and Bus Interchange Discount8 when departing from DB North Plaza. Urban and Lantau taxis can now reach Yi Pak (DB North) area directly through Discovery Bay Tunnel to pick up and drop off at designated zone.
1. “Discovery Bay Sliding Fun on the Beach” is open for participants who meet the height requirement of 130 cm. Expectant mothers, persons with injuries or heart problems are not permitted to slide. Participants are also required to observe all safety rules and regulations and follow the on-site instructions.
2. Redemptions can be made at “D’Deck Free Ferry Service Counter” located beside the escalator near the bus stop at DB Plaza and “DB North Plaza Service Counter” adjacent to the fountain at DB North Plaza at 1:30pm–9:30pm on Saturdays and Sundays from 18 July to 30 August 2015.
3. Upon every consumption of HK$300 or above at the designated merchants, customers can bring the original same-day valid receipt to redeem one gift. Expired receipt will not be entertained. The transaction receipt will be stamped with official chop upon redemption. No redemption will be entertained for chopped receipt. Staff of D'Deck restaurants and DB North Plaza merchants is not allowed to redeem the offers for themselves or on behalf of patrons. Hong Kong Resort Company Limited reserves the right to change the terms and conditions without prior notice. In case of dispute, the decision of Hong Kong Resort Company Limited shall be final.
4. The 14 designated D’Deck restaurants are 22° North, Berliner, Café Duvet, Caramba Mexican Cantina, Ebeneezer's, Figos, First Korean Restaurant, Hemingway’s by the Bay, Kiraku Tei, Koh Tomyums, Life Café, McSorley’s Ale House, Solera and ZAKS.
5. Designated DB North shops are: Afflatus Hair Workshop、% Arabica、Bookazine、BtoKidz、Chef's Choice、Compton Art Gallery、DiscoveryLand、Gillian Florist、Jaspas、Little Whale、Mirch Masala、My Pet Shop、 Nevale Kitchen、Paisano's、Prince & Princess、THE VENUE and Uncle Russ Coffee.
6. The D’Deck complimentary ferry ride offer is valid for dinner consumption (6pm -11:45pm) from Monday to Friday, and lunch/dinner consumption (12 noon - 11:45pm) on Sat/Sun/public holiday. The free ferry ride is only valid on the same day of the transaction, and for the following schedules only: Mon-Fri: 7:30pm-12:00am and Sat /Sun /public holiday: 1:00pm-12:00am.
7. Free Express Shuttle Bus is available every half hour at 00 minutes and 30 minutes at the DB Bus Terminus to DB North Plaza with a journey time of around 8 minutes.
8. Visitors can enjoy bus interchange discount at DB North Plaza. Simply tap an Octopus Card against the “Fare Save Station” next to Wellcome Supermarket and use the same Octopus Card to travel on any buses leaving DB North Plaza within 45 minutes to enjoy a HK$4 discount for the bus ride.